. Fasting Fat Loss Secrets – How to Drop Weight Fast | The Fitness Adviser

Friday 24 September 2010

Fasting Fat Loss Secrets – How to Drop Weight Fast

Fasting for fat loss is something that works incredibly well when done the right way.  How many people have you heard of starving themselves for days because they have a wedding or a vacation coming up? Not a good fasting fat loss strategy.  If you’re looking for a fasting fat loss program I highly recommend checking out Brad Pilon’s, Eat Stop Eat book.

But if you’re looking on ways on how to drop weight fast then going on the right fasting plan can do a lot of amazing things for your body such as burning body fat, detoxifying your body, lowering your insulin levels, increasing growth hormone and it’s also a great way to press the reset button for your body.

I personally do a fast day every other week on Sunday and to be honest it’s pretty darn tough to do the results I’ve gotten from doing it are worth it and plus I feel loads better.  I do take Branch Chained Amino Acid (BCAA) supplement on my fasting days so I still get the great fat loss results but I keep my lean muscle.
I also like doing my fasting days on Sundays because I usually have my cheat day on Saturday and I like to pig out one day a week.  Besides I usually feel horrible after having a cheat day and by then I’m looking forward to detoxing my body and losing all the fat I just ate.

Having a cheat day the day before you fast is strategically going to be the best for dropping weight fast.  Having a cheat day the day before fasting is going to drastically boost your leptin levels which will put your body in prime condition to use fat as fuel while you’re in a massive calorie deficit.

You’re also going to want to drink a lot of fluids but only water and green tea.  Just because we’re not eating on our fasting days doesn’t mean we can drink crap and getting in cheeky smoothies all day.  Along with the BCAA’s you shouldn’t be taking in anything else besides that for maximum fat loss during your fasting cycle.
And to maximize our killer fat loss results I also recommend doing a metabolic resistance workout along with a high intensity interval training(HIIT) session.  It’s important to do these workouts earlier in the day while you’re still have the energy because as the day goes on you’ll be using your willpower to fight the hunger rather than putting yourself through an intense workout.

For the metabolic resistance training workout I would do mostly bodyweight exercises in a circuit fashion.  So I would do something simple, yet effective, such as 3 sets of the following circuit: jump squats, push-ups, walking lunges, wide-grip pull-ups, bicycle & rotates, and finishing out with sprints.  And after all that is said and done I would finish out with 15-20 minutes of HIIT training to maximize my fat loss results so my fasting program will be practically put on steroids (but not really, we’re not meatheads).

And after you finish your 24 hour fast you can go back to your normal healthy diet.  It’ll be a big mistake to break down and just start slamming the Jack In The Box menu.  A lot of people can’t handle fasting for fat loss but if you’re trying to drop weight fast then it’s a strategy that’s going to be vital to getting killer results.

I wouldn’t do a fasting diet if you’re already super skinny or if you’re pregnant and if you have health problems and you’re unsure if you should do this then definitely talk to your doctor or a registered dietician first.  With all that aside if you have the willpower to do some fasting days and you’re looking for rapid fat loss results then this can be another effective strategy for your journey.

Healthy regards

tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question...